Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!

The wonderful WarcraftPets community has deemed today unofficial Leaping Hatchling day in honor of 2012 being a Leap Year (extra day in February)! So since today is "special", I decided to take out my own little raptor and make him not-so little with a Papa Hummel's Old-Fashioned Pet Biscuit. :D


Yes, this was the best I could do at capturing him in mid-leap. I love my baby raptor and all, but man was this screenshot hard to get! He just did not want to cooperate, and I kept missing the moment he was in midair.

Many brownie points to Drrum, who's vanity pet gallery is filled with pets in unique poses/positions. Nevermind the time and effort put into getting the pet or putting a matching outfit together, screenshot taking is an art form in itself!

But I digress.

Anyway, happy leap year! Alternatively, one could take out Mr. Grubbs in honor of leap year too. He's quite an acrobat. :P

2 comments:

  1. Hehe. The first pet that came to my mind would be the Spring Rabbit with its awesome jumping powers. Maybe also a frog pet might be appropriate (leapfrog?). Hmmm, I wonder what other pets might be fun to celebrate "unofficial" holidays with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: Hmm, to me the Spring Rabbit would fit better with Daylight Saving Time, due to the whole "springing forward" an hour during spring time. XD

      Then again not every state/region observes DST, so maybe it wouldn't be as universally fitting.

      Delete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.