Thursday, May 17, 2012

Quickie Beta Update

Quick update on the latest beta finds - I need to get back to leveling in D3! :P My Fetish Shaman hungers lol.

MMO-Champion datamined the lastest build and found the following:
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - Bind on Use. Will this be the MoP CE pet? What on earth does a Padaren Dragonling even LOOK like? Black spots around its eyes and a white tummy; I'm giggling at the thought of a panda-patterned whelpling tbh.

Glyph of Shadowy Friends (Your shadow form extends to your non-combat pets.) - This is a minor glyph for priests, obviously, and I'm jealous like WHOA! How awesome will it be to have a little shadow form companion run around with you everywhere? Lucky duckies. Makes me almost wish I played a shadow priest. Almost. :P

And from Wowhead News:
Two tamer NPCs have been discovered, Steven Lisbane and Julia Stevens .

According to Imthedci on WarcraftPets forums, there's a small quest chain to win a duel against Julia (located in Westfall). I haven't checked it out yet, but looking through the chain, it seems the same as the quests to learn how to heal and revive your pets that can be completed in Goldshire. Except this time it's against an actual tamer and not just a trainer.
I think that's it for now! Back to Diablo 3 and my chicken loving Fetish Shaman. :D

5 comments:

  1. Glyph of Shadowy Friends is awesome! Now they really need one for Rogues so you can have your pet out when you stealth... and it won't give you away! :P

    As a consequence, I never have pets out on my rogue. Which kinda sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Allianora: I haven't tested it in a while, but at the beginning of the Cataclysm expansion there was a change to minipets that made them "stealth" when your character stealthed. You can see your pet when you stealth, but to everyone else it disappears.

      I'm not sure if it was a bug or if it's still working these days, though.

      Delete
  2. I would be inclined to think the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling will be this expansion's Engineer trinket pet. Similar to the Mechanical Mithril Dragonling and Mechanical Arcanite Dragonling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @arcanewordsmith: I think there's definitely a possibility for it being another engineering crafted pet, but probably not a trinket. The item's use text reads, "Teaches you how to summon this companion." rather than an "on use.." type of description.

      Delete
  3. I would suspect the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling is the engineering item.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.