Thursday, July 26, 2012

No 2012 Olympics-Themed Pet

I think many were hoping and wondering if there would be an Olympics-themed pet for this year, or if the Spirit of Competition would be making a return.

A blue just confirmed on Twitter that the Spirit of Competition will not be making a re-appearance this year.
"There's no Spirit of Competition reward this year. The expansion's kept us busy and contains MANY pets (handle them). ;)" - Zarhym
Along the same line, it sounds like there won't be any Olympics-themed companion for 2012. Huge bummer. :(

I was hoping for a UK inspired dog/puppy pet, in honor of the Olympics being held in London, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. On the other hand, I do appreciate the fact that devs have been working hard to bring us over 200 new pets to collect in MoP, plus the whole new Pet Battles feature.

Well, here's hoping that a new dog/puppy model for a companion will eventually be implemented in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.