Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Collectors Motivating Collectors

Need some motivation or inspiration to level pets? I know I do. I'm at that somewhat dreaded portion of the grind where the only pets that are left are the least interesting ones to me.

What's helped me these past couple of days, though, is this thread on WarcraftPets. Users have essentially made a game out of the mini-game, and are giving each other pet leveling goals.

It's simple:
- Check the collection of the last person that posted.
- Pick a pet for them to level and leave a response to the thread.
- The next person who posts will then choose a pet for you to level.
- And the process continues until we run out of pets to level or we stop posting.
It may seem like a trivial concept, but you'd be surprised how much impact something like a group game can have. :)

In any case, I just thought I'd mention it. It's made the grind to 25 for some of my pets less painful since leveling pets that someone else has assigned me is a separate goal from my own. The monotony is broken and it just feels good to be able to respond and receive responses in turn.

Give it a try if you feel so inclined. :) The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.