This past year has been a wild ride for pets and pet battles, at least for me. Through the awesome and not so great, I can definitely say that I created some memorable moments in WoD.
Here's just a teeny-tiny recap of some fun/interesting memories of my pet experiences this past year. There were A LOT of things that happened/changed; these are just a few events that stand out for me.
A YEAR OF PETS!
- Starting off the New Year with Lil' Leftovers.
- Discovering RWL3 pets have amusing idle animations/interactions.
- Argi raised nearly $2 million ($1.9 million to be exact) in roughly one month for the Red Cross Ebola Relief Effort.
- Great, who armed my Perky Pug with a firecracker?
- The Look-a-Like Challenge, Part 10, WoD edition. My last update to this series; the Magic Pet Mirror was released shortly after. :)
- April Fool's! WarcraftPets and Blizzard have a little fun with pets and pet battles.
- I dive deep into the rabbit hole and sink a ton of time into testing Magic Pet Mirror emote animations. FOR SCIENCE!
- My thoughts on RNG and balancing to ensure that content is reasonable and enjoyable.
- Survived the grind in Heroes of the Storm (my first MOBA) and collected Graves.
- Just a silly with one of the Tanaan Legendary Boss Pet drops. :P
- LAP CATS! 'Nuff said. :)
- Pets get the legendary healer ring aura too. Now if only they could assist with healing....
- Brewfest, new pet that's taller than me when fed a pet biscuit. O_o
- Terky was made available in-game. OUR VERY FIRST NON-THEMED BABY MURLOC. So much happy!
- Power Overwhelming! What happens when Protoss, Terran and Zerg pets get together? A real pet battle!
- BlizzCon 2015 revealed Baby Winston from Overwatch CE, and...where's our baby moose?! We were promised a baby moose. ;P hehe
- Pets wearing fruit hats...um what? And also, HOW FREAKING COOL!
- Anxiety over a possible PVP exclusive pet coming in Legion. Nervously awaiting more details/information.
A big thank you to the Blizzard developers. Thank you for hearing us out and taking into consideration our thoughts/ideas. I appreciate all the hard work that you guys and gals do, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us crazy collectors.
Thank you to the pet collecting/battling community for being amazing, as always. Stay generous, welcoming, and hilarious; it's an honor to be a part of such a fantastic group of people!
I say farewell to 2015 and welcome 2016 with hopes of more new and awesome pet things. Hopefully RNG will be kind and mechanics will be fair. I wish everyone the best, and look forward to sharing more pet-related stuff with you in the new year! :)