It was recently brought to my attention that a website took my blog article, 'How Quickly Will We Consume Legion Pet Battle Content?', and reposted it without proper permission or credit. The website in question seems to be taking quite a bit of liberty with reposting articles and artwork without receiving permission or giving the original writers/artists accreditation.
They did contact me prior to reposting about using my blog posts for their website, however I never consented. I had no idea what the website was, what it was about, etc., yet I was open and willing to discuss it further. I provided a contact address and an invitation to talk it over, but no further communication ever came from them.
I've since contacted the website and requested that they provide proper accreditation, which they've done (in the most minimal of ways, but hey, it's something).
Still, in light of this, I think it's a good opportunity to clarify some things about my blog.
Thank you for taking an interest and reading my personal blog Perks N Peeves! Here I write about pet collecting, battling and my silly adventures/discoveries with World of Warcraft battle pets.
If you've enjoyed any of my blog posts and would like to share and/or repost certain content, you are most welcome to spread the joy of battle pets! However, please follow my Creative Commons terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
(Please credit: 'Quintessence, author of Perks N Peeves' ; you're also welcome to share my Twitter, but it's not necessary)
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
Should you have any uncertainties or questions, please feel free to contact me.
- Email: quintessence [at] warcraftpets [dot] com
- Twitter: @perksnpeeves
- WarcraftPets: Send me a private message
If you use material from my blog I'd love to see it! Feel free to contact me with the information on where to find it. This isn't mandatory, but it's a nice gesture. :)
I am not affiliated with Blizzard. World of Warcraft and related assets are property of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and their proprietors. Opinions and views presented on this blog are my own.
And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming. :)