Friday, August 23, 2013

WoW TCG Coming to An End

Blizzard recently announced that Reign of Fire will be the last TCG expansion set. With all of the loot from previous sets included in this latest release, it seems fitting that it is the finale to the epic-ly long running WoW TCG. 21 sets-long to be exact!

If you're still on the fence about purchasing any Reign of Fire packs or box sets, don't panic and go out to buy as many as possible before it all comes to a close. You'll still be able to redeem loot cards as usual, even now that there won't be any future TCG expansion sets.

If you're looking to collect for novelty, though, I wouldn't wait too long on buying since it's unclear how long Cryptozoic will keep Reign of Fire in print, and Blizzard currently doesn't have any plans to renew a license for WoW TCG.


My second TCG pet ♥, the first being the Hippogryph Hatchling

I was never heavily into the card game, but I always thought the artwork was beautifully done. Not to mention the pet loot was definitely enticing. As a matter of fact, I just recently completed my TCG collecting goals, and finally acquired all the TCG pets. Talk about timing lol.

With all of this coming to an end, I tip my hat to Blizzard for releasing so many sets, providing so much loot, and entertaining card game lovers all these years. We'll have to wait and see where the next redeemable loot will come from, but part of me thinks that it won't be nearly as epic as their TCG was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.