Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Perks N Peeves Five Year Anniversary

It's been five years since I made my very first post. A lot has changed since then.

Originally, my intention was to maintain a personal blog that I could fill with all of my pet-related nonsense. It was to be casual, as indicated by my style of writing back then. Grammar? Formatting? Psh. This was my space, with my rules.

That changed when I shared my post on collecting Mr. Grubbs over at WarcraftPets. What I had discovered was really exciting to me, so I wanted to share it with as many collectors as possible. Something new, something interesting, and an all around neat discovery that wasn't as plain as day. I loved me some detective work and research (and I still do). :)

Before I knew it, Breanni had included my blog link in a WarcraftPets front page article. It was unexpected since I never imagined that anyone would take much notice of my writings. To have someone as notable and respected as Breanni include it on the front page of a website that I adored and frequented? I was shocked and humbled.

About two weeks later, I woke up one day and found that my image hosting account was over its limit. My blog was suddenly flooded with views and I couldn't figure out why. I soon found out that the extreme burst of traffic came from MMO-Champion. They had also included my post in their overview of the new Cataclysm pets.

I was absolutely bewildered, grateful and honestly a little terrified. All of this was happening out of the blue and I really didn't know what to make of it. So I did what felt right, and just plodded on with collecting and writing about my pet experiences.

I never imagined that my little obsession with vanity pets (which would then turn into battle pets) would eventually lead to volunteering at WarcraftPets. When Breanni contacted me about a trial position as Content Manager, I was so star-struck. I probably came off as an over-the-top fangirl haha.

My blog's changed because of all this, but I think it's for the better. The content is roughly the same, although I don't post as many personal entries on my pet collecting adventures anymore. Once WoD is released, I'll try to find the time to update more. Fun stuff featuring the new pets as I collect them, even though I've already posted screenshots from the beta.

In this teeny tiny portion of the internet, I've been able to share experiences and connect with other people. Expressing myself has never been easy for me, but here I can at least attempt to convey my thoughts without fear. There will be no scoffing at pets here! :P

I love to write, discover, and share. I'll continue to do so for as long as there are things to enthusiastically fawn over.

Writing this blog has led to some amazing opportunities and connections with awesome people of like-mind. Here's to another 5 years? If WoW lasts that long lol.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, girl. Here's for another five years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, girl. Here's for another five years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the blog and the work behind it. I only got into battle pets about a year ago, but bit down hard when I did. Yours is among the sites I check daily. It adds to the fun for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @To Bee or Not to Bee: Thank you for the kind words! I'm grateful I can share my experiences with people who are just as enthusiastic about pets and pet collecting as I am. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Here's to another 5 years!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.