Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Patch 5.3 PTR: Tamer Tracking and A Little Nudge

While I was on the PTR, I noticed a new neat feature. The in-game world map now shows the locations for all the Tamer dailies. Hovering over each one will show you the name of the Tamer and what rank of Tamer they are (Master, Grand Master, and so on).




These markers are static, and only show up if you're a pet trainer. This means if you're still looking for a way to mark off the ones you've completed each day, you'll still want to use an addon like Pet Battle Daily Tamer.

Speaking of the PTR... Mumper decided to nudge all of us pet collectors today.
"Anyone on PTR caught an Unborn Val'kyr yet?"
Sounds like a challenge for us! There were a few other hints regarding the new pet:
- It is not exclusive to Icecrown, but it is in Northrend.. somewhere.
- Phasing shouldn't be an issue when searching for this wild pet.
- The description in the Pet Journal is not relevant to how it spawns, but it does have a new spawning mechanic.
I've been wracking my brain trying to think of ways a pet would spawn under certain conditions. Kill myself? Die to an elite? PVP? Dance naked in front of the LK? So far nothing has shown even a hint of being on the right track. Hopefully those on the official Pet Battle forum have more success than I!

Update: I'm relieved to say that I'm not a pet hunting failure, and my efforts were only hindered by the fact that the Unborn Val'kyr wasn't up on the PTR yet. XD I thought I was starting to lose it!

2 comments:

  1. The one thing I'm curious about with the map is whether the prints go away once you've done a tamer's daily.

    Re: the valkyr, I've jumped off cliffs, moonfired roaches (I couldn't bring myself to start offing whelplings, haha) and even stripped down and let dudes wail away for like 20 mins to kill me. It's fantastic to know that time was completely freaking wasted... but yet, it's good to know that time *was* wasted, because almost any other solution I can come up with is going to be random, time related, super hard to replicate, etc. blehhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @tamerliopleurodon: From what I understand, the map tracking is static, so the markers don't go away after you finish a daily. I haven't tested it yet, though, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

      If that's the case, I'll probably still use the addon to track which dailies I've done/haven't done each day.

      Delete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.