Saturday, August 18, 2012

That's One Giant Cricket

If you have a bug or insect phobia, the Red Cricket companion from Sho might not be the pet for you lol. :P

When I summoned it, I was expecting to bring out a cute little cricket, much like the small critters that wander around Pandaria. Well I was wrong. Very, very wrong.


No, this image has not been edited (other than some slight coloration enhancements).

No, the Red Cricket is not under the influence of any pet enlarging biscuit, potion, spell or effect.

And no, I didn't use any camera tricks to alter depth/size perception. My character is standing right next to the pet.

This really IS its current size when summoned on the beta. I'm not sure if this is a bug (no pun intended, really!) or if this is how it will look once MoP is released.

It's HUGE! I was caught completely off guard by how enormous it turned out to be. What the hell has Sho been feeding this thing? Steroids are bad! :P

Well, good thing I'll be stocking up on Magical Mini-Treats. Looks like I'll be using them quite often whenever this companion comes out to play. XD Then again, the cricket's unusual size is starting to grow on me. I'm starting to adore its gigantic hopping as it moves around. :)

Edit: Here's an extra screenshot of the Red Cricket when compared next to one of the wild cricket pets.


As you can see, there's a significant size difference. The smaller version is what I THOUGHT I would be getting when I summoned the Red Cricket lol.

And bonus video footage of the Red Cricket while under the influence of a pet biscuit!

3 comments:

  1. Can you post a picture of it with Pet Biscuits? lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a bug or insect phobia, the Red Cricket companion from Sho might not be the pet for you lol. :P
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.