Things may have changed since the PTR (when this post was written), so feel free to inform me in the comments of any corrections that need to be made or of any information that I may have missed!
Darkmoon Faire pets cost 90 Darkmoon Prize Tickets each.
Need a total of 540 tickets to purchase all six companions.
It will take at least 4 faires or 4 months for players to acquire all six pets. Results may vary.
• 5 Dailies (awards 1 ticket each)
- Tonk Commander
- The Humanoid Cannonball
- He Shoots, He Scores
- Target: Turtle
- It's Hammer Time
• 15 profession-based quests (may complete once per faire)
Main professions (award 4 tickets each)
- AlchemySecondary professions (award 3 tickets each)
- First Aid
NOTE: The quests/items listed below require players have a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in their inventory. Speak with a Darkmoon Faire Greeter to obtain a guide.
• 1 misc quest (awards 10 tickets - may complete once per faire)
One artifact that awards 15 tickets eachNOTE(s): For some extra info on which bosses are likely to drop certain artifacts, check out this Wowhead comments page.
- A Treatise on Strategy (drop: level 85 heroic dungeons)Five artifacts that award 10 tickets each
- Soothsayer's Runes (drop: level 85 raids)Three artifacts that award 5 tickets each
- Ornate Weapon (drop: dungeons)
- Mysterious Grimoire (drop: dungeons)
- Monstrous Egg (drop: dungeons)
- Imbued Crystal (drop: dungeons)
- Adventurer's Journal (drop: battlegrounds)
- Banner of the Fallen (drop: battlegrounds)
- Captured Insignia (drop: battlegrounds)
Dungeon and raid dropped artifacts can be sold and traded. Battleground drops may only be picked up by the player looting a slain opponents corpse, but they are Bind on Use and can be sold/traded.
Dungeon dropped artifacts are only found from level-appropriate content. A level 85 toon in a level 35 dungeon will not see any DMF artifacts drop even if bosses in that particular dungeon have a chance to drop an artifact.
• Extra Tickets
As noted in the comments below, surviving the Darkmoon Deathmatch and looting the chest will award 5 extra Darkmoon Prize Tickets. The chest spawns once every three hours, starting from midnight. Only one person may loot the chest.
Total Tally of Tickets
The final total number of tickets for ALL possible quests and dailies turned into the Darkmoon Faire in a single week (if dailies are completed before reset on Sunday, effectively adding a day of dailies + turning in all artifacts) is 150 tickets.
Completing just 7 days worth of dailies (if you miss the dailies before reset on Sunday), 6 profession quests, and the 1 misc quest should yield 65 tickets. (Does not take into account any artifact turn ins.)
Completing just 6 days worth of dailies, 6 profession quests, and the 1 misc quest should yield 60 tickets. (Does not take into account any artifact turn ins.)