To view the full MoP Press Tour information, check out MMO-Champion, Wowhead News, and WoW Insider. Be ready for giant walls of text crits, though!
Below I'll be listing the NEW information, as the Press Tour really didn't reveal much that we didn't already know. For a full list of mini-pet updates and Pet Battle news, check out WarcraftPets!
- 100+ wild pets to collect in MoP.
- Account wide pets confirmed.
- Renaming ALL pets confirmed.
- Pet Battle stats will NOT show losses, only wins.
- While in a Pet Battle, you will NOT be able to see your opponent's name or communicate with them.
- Updated pet UI.
- Pet Battles smartphone apps is being considered but not high on "to do" list.
- Possibility of growing your own mini-pets on your personal farm? (*cough*Farmville*cough*)
Stuff that hasn't been answered (yet):
- Will account wide pets allow all characters access to cross faction pets?There are a lot more questions but I expect many of them will be answered once we move into open MoP Beta testing. I'm very eager to test it all out, but for now I guess I'll just have to start brainstorming over 100 names for all of my pets. I have a feeling I'm going to get lazy or tired and wind up naming some of them "Bob 2" and "Flying Bird 4" lol.
- Trading/Selling leveled up BoP pets has yet to be confirmed.
- How will collecting a wild pet work?
- Will the "100 wild pets" be new or existing companions that have suddenly turned feral?
- What will the CE pet be?
Edit: One last thing... WTB Mirror Strider pet and Porcupine pet!
Edit #2: Would love to see a crane pet and more kite variations! (Is that a bird kite or a butterfly kite?)