Friday, March 23, 2012

The Crosshair

UPDATE: So far only some of the Elwynn and Dun Morogh critters have the crosshair cursor. I haven't found any others in other zones with the same changes yet.

Upon request from Rhapture to check out the Snow Cub on the beta, I also decided to get some video of the (new?) crosshair cursor when hovering over a few (not all) critters.


Like the video description says, left and right clicking only yields an error message atm (regardless if I have a vanity pet out or not). I can still attack and kill these critters, but upon agro'ing them the crosshair icon turns back into the standard sword icon.

I'm not sure what's intended with the change in cursor icons, but hopefully it's related to Pet Battles and the like. I wouldn't mind capturing a Snow Cub! ;)

Side note: The Snow Cub is a common critter wandering all over Dun Morogh on the beta.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for checking this out. I really hope that crosshair cursor means that it is a pet we can capture later. How many critters do you see with this crosshair? Part of me kinda hopes it might be all or most of them, especially the mini warp stalker critters that are in Desolace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rhapture: It seems like the crosshair cursor is only appearing over the critters in Dun Morogh and Elwynn so far. Cows, gazelles, and other larger critters don't have the cursor. The critters in other areas don't appear to have the crosshair even if they're similar to the Elwynn ones (frogs for example). I was hoping to find that the mini warp stalkers had the new crosshair icon too, but I haven't found any with it yet. :(

      Since it's still so early on in the beta, we can't rule out that this might just be a UI bug. We'll have to wait and see if more critters get this new crosshair in the future.

      Delete
  2. I follow the Petopia forums for my hunter and they have a MoP thread up. Someone started this one today that might be of interest to you. They have discovered some critters in some zones that are not currently in live and mentioned that they get a "you are not able to complete this function" when they try to "loot" the critter. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=17241&p=353313#p353313

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rhapture: I'd love a little bog beast! Thanks for pointing out this thread :D

      Delete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.