Here are some notable blue posts announcing upcoming changes for pets and Pet Battles:
"We are in the process of moving the pet combat logging to its own, separate tab. Hopefully on the next build but no promises." - MumperThe Pet Battle combat log is a bit spammy, so I think a built in separate tab will come in handy. If you don't mind having it in your main chat window, though, I'm sure there will be an option to include it there.
"There will be a way to get Warbot fuel in MoP. Still figuring out the specifics, but we are going to make it happen." - Mumper
What I'm REALLY excited about is more Warbot fuel in MoP!! I've been hanging onto full stacks of the Red War Fuel and Blue War Fuel for the longest time, now. Since they're currently not available anymore, I've been reluctant to use them because part of me feels like they're so unique that using them freely and carelessly would be a "waste".
Now I can finally free up some bank space without the guilt. :) Hopefully the plan to make the fuel available again in MoP doesn't fall through, though. Otherwise I just used up a bunch for no reason other than inventory slots. D:
Giant thirsty Warbot demands more Red War Fuel. Size courtesy of Magical Pet Biscuits! :D
Last but not least, there are some interesting updates to Pet Tamers and their quests on the beta (should be implemented in the next beta build):
"- Unique Tamer emotesWhat I'm most interested in is bolded. Hopefully they will reset the questline for beta users, or give us the option to reset it. I've completed the majority of all the quests, and if it becomes account-wide, then I'll be locked out from testing the upgraded Pet Tamer encounters. I'd like to see just how difficult the battles are with them post-patch.
- Unique Tamer pets
- Tamer battles have been tuned up in difficulty
- One Grand Master Tamer per continent. Defeating him/her will unlock all the daily's on that continent.
- The flow has been consolidated to work though our two main trainers in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
- We have implemented more than 40 Tamer fights across the entire game. This does not include the boss fights!
- Daily quests on Grand Master Tamers offer the Sack of Pet Supplies as a reward.
- A new achievement reward for defeating all the Tamers. A "Tamer" title.
- All of the quests to fight Tamers are now account-wide. This means that the one-shot quests can only be completed by one character on your account. The daily's can be completed by any character, once per day. Account wide quests are denoted in the quest log." - Mumper
I'm also curious about how we'll access the 40+ Tamer battles. Currently you encounter each one in a questline (auto-accept quest), but there are only so many in the chain. I wonder if the rest will be linked with what's been previewed and tested so far, or if they will be off the beaten track and we'll have to somehow discover or unlock them.
Another thing about this update is the whole "Tamer" title thing. I remember when they first announced it as an achievement reward and I couldn't help but laugh at the potential silliness. "Tamer Quintessence" ...does that mean there was once a "Wild Quintessence" out there? :P