however, there are some rumors about a few of the "missing" pets (note: until there are more reports confirming the following, this information may be inaccurate and/or incomplete):
- hyacinth macaw: possible zone drop in STV.
- razzashi hatchling: possible zone drop in STV.
- black tabby: the murlocs in hillsbrad foothills may have stolen a few of these. or maybe this cat is a zone drop now.
- disgusting oozeling: shifting mireglob in swamp of sorrows may drop the oozing bags. try the worms in silithus too. rule of thumb seems to be any higher level ooze capable of dropping an item lvl 50 oozing bag should have the potential of dropping the disgusting oozeling.
- dark whelpling: the ebon whelps in wetlands is a good place to start looking. some of the whelps in badlands and burning steppes may also drop this one.
- azure whelpling: possible zone drop in winterspring.
- sprite darter hatchling (for alliance): possible zone drop in feralas. (unchanged for horde?)
- emerald whelpling: possibly from the noxious whelps in northern feralas.
- crimson whelpling: possible zone drop in wetlands.
some other pets that i'm still looking for more information on:
- smolderweb hatchling and its quest
- worg pup and its quest
hmm.. are there any other pets that seem to have been displaced after the patch?
if you have first hand experience/confirmation about any changes or updates to other existing pets and their drop locations, feel free to comment below or contact me on warcraftpets.com! a full screenshot of you looting the pet really helps as well!
the more we know as a community, the sooner we can mass our forces and confirm once and for all where these lovelies have wound up post-shattering!